Re: Another Dutch Annie Medley...

by Alex (no login)

Alright, it was my message to bein with, but I've found out a bit more. I understand a little Dutch so I went to the website shown at the end of the video, thinking I could translate some info for you. Here it is:

Do you remember a few weeks ago, Julie posted an audition video and asked where it was from. Together, we decided it was Flemish and related to the forthcoming Flemish production (2008-2009. Well, this is the website...

http://www.musichall.be/pages/eventdetailinfo.asp?id=1214&lng=1

Alternatively, just go to www.musichall.be and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Annie is second from the bottom.

Basically, there's a summary of the show and then it says that the Flemish producer Geert Allaert is working with the Dutch producer Albert Verlinde (of the Dutch 05-07 production) to prduce a Flemish version and mentions some of the adult actors cast. Auditions are over now.

There's a page with show listings where you can buy tickets (anyone able to go?) and a theatre plan, showing the bands of seating. And, most interestingly, a page of audio, pictures and films. Go here:

http://www.musichall.be/pages/eventdetailmedia.asp?id=1214

The video medley I linked to last post and the audition video are there. The audio are early recordings of Morgen and Een Zwaar Bestaan. They're so early, that they've been made using the karaoke tracks which were on the Dutch cast album. How sweet! The lyrics are practically the same, with a few adjustments for the Flemish dialect. Listen to how the Annie says 'Morgen'.

It was obviously a Flemish Annie singing on the video, the Dutch show clips being used for publicity as the Flemish show hasn't started yet. The Flemish Annie sounds very old!

The very funniest thing, though, looking at the pictures, is that it seems like they're just using all of the costumes from the Dutch version. It even looks like the same dog!

Alex

Posted on Aug 8, 2008, 12:20 PM
from IP address 86.141.139.51

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast