my qualifications

by Julie Stevens (no login)

No offense taken and I don't mind answering the question. My qualifications would be that I was in the original run of "Annie" twice - in a National Tour in 1980 (playing Tessie) and the Broadway Cast (as Pepper) from 1982 until it closed in January of 1983. I played Star-to-Be (a featured ensemble role) in a revival production in 1991, directed by Bob Fitch, the original Broadway Rooster and starring many of the adult cast members from the original Broadway production. I have been a professional working actress since the age of 9 and continue to audition and perform on stage as an adult. I am a card-carrying member of 4 Unions - Screen Actor's Guild, AFTRA, Equity and the Director's Guild. I was hired by and worked with the current NETworks "Annie" tour director, Martin Charnin, several times and interviewed him extensively for the documentary film I directed and produced about "Annie," called "Life After Tomorrow." In fact, if you rent the film, Martin talks a lot about what he looks for when he casts children, which is included in the bonus footage on the DVD.

As for the current NETworks tour, I have advised and coached many families who have gone on to be cast in the 3 years the tour has been running. I have seen the tour every year since it began and feel confident that I can offer valid advice and direction for anyone auditioning for the show. I would consider myself somewhat of an expert on the show and know it inside and out. I created this website, annieorphans.com, and have been moderating this chat board for over 8 years. Many of the families with children who have been in professional productions of "Annie" are frequent readers and posters on this forum.

In addition to being a professional performer myself, I also have a private coaching business and work with many talented child actors appearing on stage, in film and on television. I created a product for actors, a deck of instructional/motivational cards, currently on sale in stores and online (www.actingoutsidethebox.com). I have also been an on-set Studio Teacher (responsible for the education and welfare of minors working professionally in the State of California) for over 15 years. I own an extensive music collection and sheet music collection and am sought out by industry professionals to recommend and provide audition material.

If you have any further questions about my qualifications, feel free to check out my personal website at www.juliestevens.com or any of my other websites listed on the "Links" page of this site. I hope I was able to address your concerns about my qualifications.

Julie

Posted on Aug 16, 2008, 5:05 PM
from IP address 69.230.83.158

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast