OT: To all the mommys

by Katarina (Norway) (no login)

Hello! I need some input. My baby just turned 1 month old, and he's the most precious thing in the world =) He's growing and growing every day, and is overall a happy and peaceful child. BUT he's since he was about 1 week old REALLY been struggeling with his stomach. It started mild, but it has just become worse and worse. He's constantly (when awake) pressing and working so hard with his stomach. It sounds like he has very hard poo or air that doesn't come out. Now the last week he's also been screaming and crying from pain when he's pressing. His poo is changing between yellow and green, and is VERY liquid. So we went to the doctor, who recommended to try a powder (to make milk) for 4-5 days so that his stomach can recover a little bit. It's a powder that doesn't contain milk protein, and you can only get it in pharmacies. Expensive yes... So we're trying that now. It tastes very bad, but he's a good boy and eats it anyway. It's quite a change for me (and him!), as I'm used to breastfeeding him almost every hour, and now he gets the bottle every 3-4 hour. I'm seeing a change in him, I think he has less stomach pain. I'm hoping it gets even better in a few days and when I start breastfeeding him again. I'm currently pumping my milk and storing it in the freezer. Alot of work! But if he gets better it's definently worth it!

I wonder if any of you has had any similar problems with your babies? I've of course tried "everything" to help his stomach problems. Like not eating food like onion, cabbage, grapes and so on. And not drinking anything with bubbles. I'm also avoiding any milk products (DIFFICULT! There's milk in everything!). We're also giving him fennel tea, which calms him down a little bit, but doesn't take away the pain. Sugar water doesn't help him either. He's not the best burper, he actually just started to burp for real. The air mostly find the other way out, but not without a big struggle. It's so heartbreaking to see my baby suffering, and now when it also bothers him when he sleeps, it really has to be fixed.

Any tips?

Thank you!!
- Katarina -

Posted on Aug 22, 2008, 12:20 AM
from IP address 84.49.243.81

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast