Re: a little info.

by Debbie (no login)

This show was done by Red Oak Music Theatre and was performed at the Strand Theatre in NJ. I had done a few shows as a kid with them. They did Annie about 8 years before this production and I was cast as I believe a 15th orphan but ended up turning it down to play Annie somewhere else. At the first production, my friend at the time: Jennifer Mccomb was Annie. When they did this show 8 years later it was amazing. They only used 7 orphans and had replica sets and identical customs. I remember nobody would go with me so I went by myself! The Producer knew me so I got 3rd row tickets. I was shocked at how professional the show was and couldn't believe the incredible talent. My friend played Lily as well. I do remember reading that the kid playing Annie (I believe her name was Becky) had just done the Sound of Music with Red Oak as well.

I kept thinking the entire cast was "broadway material." From what I read, it was mostly local NJ kids. Very talented ones at that!!!

Posted on Aug 30, 2008, 1:45 PM
from IP address 76.18.41.115

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast