jumping in!

by Kim Ryan (no login)

Sorry to jump in on this one, but as far as I recall, at least at that time, Bruce Willis was the head of this foundation, and likely still is. I would attach his name to it if one of my daughter's appeared with him the way Marissa did, too, since many people might not know what CASA is until it's equated w/Bruce's name. In fact, Marissa appeared in People magazine w/ Bruce, in photos taken at the event. Molly and Lindsay still talk about how they were orphans on stage, lying in their beds just before the start of the show, when Bruce made an opening night speech on stage and then emerged back through the curtains and said a sweet 'hello' to all the girls. That was very fun, as was the entire run in LA, including the LAT red carpet event with Julie and the former orphans.

Here is the press release on the CASA event:

http://www.casala.org/edit-documents/CASA%20of%20LA%20and%20Annie%20Premiere%20Release%209.13.2005.pdf

I want to also add what a pro then-11-year-old Marissa was, handling numerous changes in the show, a HUGE press event, paparazzi like we never saw before and dealing with major celebrities with Martin, Charles and Thomas watching. She acted like she did it every day, and she made all of us proud. She is a real pro and deserves even more kudos on her resume than just one line with the name Bruce Willis - because what she did that night was represent the cast, crew, Annie then and now, a major creative team, CASA and The Pantages theatre with utter style and class.

Thanks for the opportunity to brag on my little friend, Marissa!

Kim

Posted on Sep 5, 2008, 5:10 PM
from IP address 76.87.161.116

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast