Making changes to a show

by Suzanne (no login)

The thing that came to my mind when I read your post was that anyone doing the show (say "Annie") - any community theatre, Dinner theatre, etc. that gains the rights to perform the material is contracted to not make any changes to the show without prior consent from the Leasing Company (in the instance of "Annie" that would be Music Theatre International). So, if you wanted to add the song "Dumb Dog" from the movie into your production you would have to first obtain the rights of the song and at that - to be put into your production, and then you would have to get an addendum to your contract with Music Theatre International if they are able to approve those changes. That's the easiest way I can explain it. == An example that is sort of in the same form but with the casting is that of "Annie Jr." - which is to be done 17 and under (18 if they are in high school still) -- and when I produced/directed the show, my Miss Hannigan became extremely ill and in the hospital - so the only person who could take over that role was me, so I had to get written permission from Music Theatre International to perform the remaining shows as Miss Hannigan, being that I am an adult. That's a bit outside the box of changing lines or adding songs... but maybe that helps a bit ?? Just my experiences here - others may have similar or different ones.

Have a great day!
Suzanne

Posted on Sep 29, 2008, 12:33 PM
from IP address 140.211.110.105

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast