To old fan - OT: Hayley Mills

by Jon Merrill (no login)

I "fell in love" with Hayley Mills when I first saw "The Parent Trap" in 1961 when I was 16. Being less than a year older than Hayley, I carefully followed her movies for the next several years. "The Chalk Garden" in 1964 I thought was particularly good at showing off her acting. I started to lose interest after "The Truth About Spring" in 1965 which was awful; however, Hayley's next one was "The Trouble With Angels," which I loved.

In 2004 I met Hayley for the first time at a collectibles show in New Jersey when we were both in our late 50s. She signed my original sleeve of "Let's Get Together" and I got a picture of us together.

(Trivia: In 2003, when Elizabeth Smart was found after having been kidnaped in Utah and held captive for nine months, the first thing she wanted to do when she arrived home was watch her favorite movie, "The Trouble With Angels.")

Despite my great affection for the original "Parent Trap," I thought the 1998 Disney one with Lindsay Lohan was "equally good" and extremely well done. Disney hit a home run with that one, unlike that disgraceful ABC-TV "Annie" they had the nerve to put out the very next year.

Posted on Sep 29, 2008, 12:36 PM
from IP address 205.188.116.72

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast