to Elizabeth

by Julie Stevens (no login)

Elizabeth:

I remember being a bit disappointed in the movie when it first came out because I thought some of the casting choices were wrong and I didn't think they needed to make Rooster such a dark character. I didn't love the whole chase scene up the side of the bridge and couldn't understand why they added Punjab and the Asp characters. I did not see the film with my castmates, but we all did see it. I don't remember any of us thinking that the film would kill the show but we did know that it was possible we would close. I think our move from a small theatre into the Uris (now Gershwin), which was one of the largest theatres on Broadway, hurt ticket sales a lot. With the movie out, people stopped paying to come and see the show live. Perhaps the show could have held on a little bit longer had we been in a smaller theatre.

All of that said, I was still 12 when the movie came out so I collected the stickers and toys just like every other kid.

Julie

Posted on Oct 2, 2008, 10:05 AM
from IP address 69.230.68.141

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast