saw the show

by somewhat disappointed (no login)

(At the risk of inciting a riot...but with all sincerety)I wish I had paid that for the show. I think the show was funny and entertaining. But,it wasn't the quality of a Broadway show. (If you see the show, compare it to other Broadway shows and you may see what I mean. When I pay Broadway ticket prices, I have a level of expectation.) As I watched it, I felt like I was watching any decent middle school performance. Perhaps the point is to get young people to go see a Bradway show, otherwise, it would be more appropriate as an off off Broadway show. As far as the concepts the middle school students deal with everyday, I think they missed many important ones that might have been included. It is a very humorous but superficial look at 13 yr old's issues. That said, Delaney was very good, and so was her best "friend". The lead "bad boy" looked like a high school senior but the other kids were well cast as typical 13 year olds. It looked like the kids were enjoying putting on the show and the energy level was very high. I think this will become the show every community theater class puts on.

Posted on Oct 12, 2008, 3:22 PM
from IP address 208.125.249.243

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast