Grey Gardens

by Julie Stevens (no login)

The show "Grey Gardens" recently ran on Broadway and only a few theatres around the country have been licensed to produce it. It is a wonderful show, based on a true story. I would suggest that you rent the documentary it was based on, by the same name, so you can get a sense of the story. Basically, it is about the Aunt and cousin of Jackie Kennedy who were discovered by these independent documentary filmmakers to be living in their run-down, family home, surrounded by dozens of cats and living in filth. Both women were mentally insane and refused to leave or clean up their home for the health inspectors. The filmmakers befriended them and were allowed to film them for a while, which turned into their film, "Grey Gardens." The musical brings the women and their story to life, telling about their lives before and after they went insane. I loved the show, but I was also very familiar with the story.

Julie

Posted on Oct 13, 2008, 10:59 AM
from IP address 166.129.179.170

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast