the cell phone thing

by Elizabeth (no login)

Arrrggghh!! That happened to me at a movie recently but it was a woman in FRONT of me. She was texting for at least 20 minutes. Here I am staring at a huge movie screen but my eyes kept going to the light from her phone. I had to put my foot up on her seat to block the light (after I had already told my kids to keep their feet off the seats!!) I was hoping she'd turn around and tell me to put my foot down so I could tell her to put her phone down. She wasn't making noise and probably didn't realize she was distracting anyone, but I wish people would wait to go to shows when they can turn their phones OFF!!

A couple years ago I saw Billy Crystal on David Letterman and Billy said he left the stage in the middle of his one man show (forgot the name if it, sorry!) after the THIRD cell phone rang during the show. He told the audience he was going to go back stage to get his thoughts together and give the audience time to check their phones.
He said at the end of the show he thanked the audience and expressed some choice words for the cell phone offenders. Wouldn't it be great if the theatres could write citations for these offenders? What would be a reasonable charge?

To Grief, I really enjoyed your thoughts on the difference between the characters in the boradway show and the movie. I think you would make a great critic!

Posted on Nov 21, 2008, 5:15 AM
from IP address 165.138.141.60

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast