College Acceptance (OT)

by tinamay (no login)

Just wanted to share some good news. My daughter completed her first college audition and was accepted into the BFA in Professional Acting at the University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign. They only take 15-20 freshmen in the program. She is probably still going to audition for the Musical Theatre programs at NYU, Carnegie Mellon, Ithaca, and Indiana University in February and March, but she is thrilled to be accepted at Illinois even though they don't have a Musical Theatre major. It's amazing how fast these little "Annies" grow up!
I have to tell you...I always wondered if all of her experience in theatre would ever pay off and now I am convinced it was all worth it. It is so hard to get into the U of I. So many of her friends were rejected or deferred with unbelievable GPAs and test scores. Many were deferred with ACT scores in the 30's. With the economy so bad, paying in-state tuition is wonderful for us - and I am pretty sure she wouldn't have been accepted if she hadn't worked her entire life for this.
Even if she ultimately decides not to continue working as a performer, she can use this degree to be a casting director/talent agent/teacher, etc.
Anyway, I just wanted to share our good news. Sorry this is off topic, but for those of you with little ones...I thought you'd like to know that the experiences your children are gaining now can help them when the time comes to apply for college. It will be here so much sooner than you can even imagine! happy.gif

Posted on Dec 14, 2008, 6:27 AM
from IP address 24.13.236.99

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast