More finalists

by Rachel (no login)

Do you mean in the second "Turning Point" (e.g. when they repeated it to add the stuff about Joanna's firing and then interviewed Brittny)? They cut out a few things for the re-airing I think just because of time constraints because they had to focus on the firing...they cut out Sarah Jessica Parker's comments too, IIRC. They basically added another 15 minutes onto an already hour-long special so they removed the parts that were the least essential to the story. You're right though that Brittny got no air time whatsoever in the original airing but I don't really think that means anything...as we are figuring out now, some Annie finalists didn't get any airtime and really none of the eventual orphans did outside of Lyndsey and Christiana. I don't think that alone is evidence that she was not being considered for Annie at the time but the fact that a bunch of lists have surfaced and Brittny is on none of them makes me wonder at what point exactly did someone (or a group of someones) decide that she had what it took.

In my original post, I meant more that somewhere in the universe at some point in time there probably was footage focusing on Kim Altman and Kyla Fallon and all the others that they cut because the special could only be an hour with commercials and they wanted to focus on the girl who ended up getting cast (Joanna) and the ones with the most interesting human interest angles. The special didn't air originally until after Joanna had already been cast obviously since part of it focuses on rehearsals and stuff so they were able to sift through all of the hours of footage they probably shot and pick out the most essential parts. It would have been great to have had that as a full-length documentary so that we could have seen more of the finalists in action.

Rachel

Posted on Dec 19, 2008, 3:09 PM
from IP address 68.161.145.246

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast