More on the movie auditions

by Suzanne (no login)

aww, thank you! - I met Aileen at an Audition when I moved to New York, but because I lived in Denver all of my auditions were private through my agent. So I didn't have the experiences like those on the videos of the auditions. It was really fun, but yes my hopes were up way too high especially after all the callbacks. I remember getting the sides and learning the lines on my way home from my agent's office. I did get to know some of the other kids that were being sent for the film while in the office, so we'd practice the scenes together. --- As for the hair and such, I don't know if it was Garrison's wanting for the hair cuts and stuff, or what - it could have been because all of my auditions were filmed... I should ask my mom about that.

For the locket scene at my final callback, Garrison True gave me an Annie necklace and I was so excited. I used to carry that necklace around like it was gold. (I memorized that rejection letter just like Annie with her note. I laugh so hard that I still have it memorized. I think my friends felt the same way the orphans did about Annie's note! lol)

It's so weird because I remember so much from those auditions like it was yesterday. I got to work with Garrison True a lot after the movie auditions too because he'd come to Denver for acting workshops, and he would have me do the scenes and songs from Annie for his classes. He would always say "This is my Annie". He was such a wonderful man. I wonder where his life has taken him.

:0) Suzanne

Posted on Jan 7, 2009, 6:08 PM
from IP address 96.39.161.8

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast