New website - everyone please read

by Julie Stevens (no login)

Hey everyone. I am in the process of figuring out how to redirect the domain name, annieorphans.com, to the new site. If I did it correctly, it should work by tomorrow. I just wanted to let everyone know a few things about the new site:

1. You won't have to do anything to read or visit the site. However, if you want to post on the forum or participate in any way, you will have to become a member, which is free and easy. It means you will also be a member of Ning.com, which is a HUGE social network. For those of you who have visited and registered on the NETworks "Annie" page, you are already a member and can use the same login information.

2. I have been working for several months to transfer everything from the old site to the new site, as well as adding much more fun stuff. However, the only part of the site that is incomplete is the individual cast member's pages. With over 200 pages to fill, this will take time, so please be patient.

3. When you sign up, please fill out your REAL name. This information is kept totally private and will only be seen by me. It does not show up anywhere, unless you choose your real name as your screen name. It is part of the registration process. You are free to choose a silly screen name, as long as you provide me with your real name. I will have to approve all members, so just know that ahead of time before you fill in Daddy Warbucks as your name.

4. This forum will stay active for a little while, until we all get used to the new site. If you want to bookmark this page, it will help you find it once the link is broken. I have also included the link in a forum post on the new site. I hope that you will start moving your posts to the new site so we can all chat there. There is also a live chat function on the page, in case we want to do that again - some of you may remember our fun meetings in the chat room.

5. Once you become a member, you will also have your own personal page where you can upload photos, music and videos. This will be fun for everyone because you will be able to share your own stuff with each other. The site makes it really easy to grab videos from You Tube and put them on your page.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing what you think of the new site, as soon as I can get it all working.

Julie

Posted on Jan 12, 2009, 9:29 PM
from IP address 69.230.60.170

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast