Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Lasting Memories
    • Laura (no login)
      Posted May 2, 2008 8:32 AM

I disagree that Kristen and Joanna are "screwed up". Do they have some bad memories from the experience, yes! My daughter who was in the business is still upset that I missed her starring role in a children's theater production she did when she was 9 years old. A totally well adjusted young woman who had numerous wonderful experiences in professional theater and this is the memory she consistently brings up. A friend's daughter who booked a lead role in a Mariah Carey film-so excited told everyone-then was replaced by a family friend (the movie tanked, was probably a blessing)is still devastated by the experience, but her life went on and she is a well adjusted young adult. Unfortunately, in business these things happen. If you choose to participate in this business there are bound to be heartaches. As far as Martin not being the one to tell the girls. My daughter toured with a Martin Annie production and went through the audition process numerous times. He is hands on throughout the entire audition process and the initial rehearsals, but after that he generally steps back and puts the show in the hands of the stage manager. Perhaps because he is so involved and is so vested in the girls he picks it was too hard for him emotionally to be the one to let the girls go. If while he was in the process he was emotional it might make the firing even harder on the child. Just a thought. Our family has never had anything but positive experiences with Martin and would never look at thim as anything other than a dedicated professional. We are crazy enough to be going through the entire thing all over again with our youngest daughter for the current tour!!
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement