Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: Broadwayunderstudies.com
    • Diane Etzkorn (no login)
      Posted May 21, 2008 8:03 AM

I love this! Of course - I love seeing understudies. I have always loved seeing understudies - I am thrilled to be able to see an understudy. I think wow they have worked so hard and now they get to perform this role, plus there is so much positive energy on stage when an understudy goes on.

However, I have to tell you that on-tour that is one thing that bothered me is when the patrons around me would say oh - we are not seeing the real Annie - just an understudy. Then I would often hear the comment. Wow - if this Annie is this good then how good is the real Annie. I would so want to scream, They are BOTH really good! I didn't! However, from now on I have vowed to scream loudly when an understudy goes on. They really are professional and it is so fun to watch a understudy. I really enjoyed watching the understudies go on with Annie. It so much fun. They are professionals and do a great job! I would rather see an understudy then a cast member who was sick, or needed time off for a wedding, etc. Just my opinion! So, anyway, love the list. I did not know this was out there!
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement