Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • RE: understudy
    • RLS (no login)
      Posted May 21, 2008 4:17 PM

My daughter and I saw Wicked on Broadway in February. It was AMAZING! And that is an understatement! We are DYING to see it again!!! We saw Annaleigh Ashford and Stephanie J Block. They were so good...

Also, as far as the "If the understudy is that good..." thing... I'm not sure why that would be taken as an insult. The way I "hear" that statement (in my mind) it is really a compliment to the actors abilities... I take it to mean that they thought the performance by the understudy was so good, they completely believe you as the lead... Isn't that what you would want as an actor? I'm not an actress, so I don't know, maybe that's the case with actors? Woud you actors out there be insulted by that statement?

I'm not saying that to be mean or rude, I'm just really curious if that is how most actors percieve it... Because I have said that, but never to mean it as an insult what-so-ever... Only as the highest compliment.
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement