Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: Andrea
    • Anyone (no login)
      Posted Jun 11, 2008 6:47 PM

I have seen Andrea interact with fans a few times and seen her be really sweet and other times I've seen her be completely aloof and I kind of felt like the nice side of her is kind of fake.
      I do remember reading one of the articles on this site in which Andrea was interviewed and she said in response to the interviewer asking about her age vs. Annie's age, (something along the lines of, sorry it is not a direct quote) "She's 11 now and I am 13 so when I get older, they'll just make her older." I was thinking wow how unbelievably cocky for a thirteen year old to say in a national magazine. Very, very unhumble. I've also read an interview at the time where she said herself that the adults in the show (especially Reid) hated that she took her time saying her lines slowing down the pace of the show deliberately. I bet the other orphans were a lot more envious than they were worshipful of her.. I would bet most of them wished the stardom happened to them. I can't imagine it was

Even in interviews in recent years, she comes off as overly cocky. For someone who has a hard time getting a role on Broadway, she acts like most roles are beneath her and if it isn't something akin to Mama Rose well that's below her and her acting abilities.

That said, I think she is more than gracious to do things like recreate Annie NOW at her age for Rosie's cruise just for fun... and she sings 'Tomorrow' all the time and signs anything Annie for anyone (I've seen that myself). A lot of adults who were childhood stars want nothing to do with their childhood role (like Gary Coleman, Eve Plumb, Molly Ringwald) and resent anyone asking them anything about the roles they became famous for as a child, while Andrea really takes it in stride and understand people are largely soo interested in her because of her stardom in Annie. She does get a thumbs up in my book for that.
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement