Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Tonys
    • Rachel (no login)
      Posted Jun 15, 2008 10:50 PM

I had press credentials to photograph the red carpet and media room. I did the entire red carpet but left the media room early because I was in the photography lounge where the winners just come and pose for four shots and then leave. I wasn't in the room where people ask them questions and stuff. I have a visitor in from out of town and I have to go to work tomorrow and the only presumptive/eventual winner I wanted to get a photo of was Patti LuPone and I knew her category would be very late (and it was).

I actually took a picture for y'all - I saw Tom Meehan on the red carpet, representing "Young Frankenstein" presumably - and snapped a candid although he didn't pose. It will probably take a few days for me to be able to sift through what I have and see if it's worth posting as I'm swamped but I'll try.

As for the telecast, I watched most of it on TV at home like everyone else. Patti was even better than when I saw her live. I was in the media room when it was on live and people were giving her a standing ovation and screaming from inside the media room. I just saw this production of "South Pacific" and it is jaw-droppingly stunning and Paulo Szot does so much justice to "Some Enchanted Evening," one of the great songs of musical theatre. The new musicals seemed like a mixed bag (I saw "Xanadu" a long time ago and hated it but I am positively head over heels in love with Cheyenne Jackson) but "In the Heights" seems fun and different.

Rachel
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement