Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Broadway Shows
    • Debbie (no login)
      Posted Jun 18, 2008 6:21 PM

Okay. I can't resist. I just have to say my peace. I have been watching Legally Blonde on MTV....I just don't understand why TV has taken this route. They make it sound like all these girls have very little experience. Have they held a NY casting call? Have they considered someone that is really qualified for the lead? I do agree that these girls are talented, but it just seems like this is all just a publicity stunt and not "theatre" quality. Same as Grease.

Next: I just saw the Tony Show and I hated it! I did like Patty Lupone but the rest like Xanadu seems ridiculous! I hated the excerpt form Grease at the Tony's. It had 0 emotion.I hope next year has a lot to offer: It should with Shrek and Billy Elliot

*My thoughts on 13. Is it my imagination or does this seem to be a lot like the show Spring Awakening? I am not that impressed with the story and the songs. I remember when I was in Peter Sklar's Kid who played the palace. The songs were great, but the story wasn't appealing. It could have been a great show (if anyone knows what I am talking about) if it were just about kids in show business and the heartbreaks and triumphs that go along with it, it would have been the next Annie.

I miss the days that I saw Miss Saigon and Les Mis and Annie!!!!
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement