Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Comments
    • Rachel (no login)
      Posted Jun 24, 2008 7:08 PM

Several comments, sort of OT for the boards, but related to the Molly Ringwald show:

1. I am probably incapable of giving an unbiased opinion of the show because I hate Brenda Hampton and I used to write long detailed accounts of why I thought "7th Heaven" was a horrible show (and how it was made worse because it was proclaiming to be morally superior) so I'm pretty sure this new show is going to be of terrible quality. That said, I don't think the media has glamorized teen pregnancy. Jamie Lynn Spears was given attention, yes, but it was a lot of negative attention with more finger-pointing at Lynne Spears for raising two apparently troubled daughters. The movie "Juno" received a lot of acclaim but it didn't make teen pregnancy seem easy, enjoyable or desirable. If you've seen the film, you know how it ends. The media is a very easy target when there are high-profile problems with society but, IMO, it's sort of displacing the blame.

2. A teen in Gloucester, MA is now claiming that there was no pregnancy pact. She is saying a bunch of girls accidentally got pregnant and then made a pact to help each other raise the babies so they could all stay in school. The principal and journalist from Time are of course sticking by their stories.

Rachel
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement