Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • I'd Do Anything
    • Alex (no login)
      Posted Jul 6, 2008 8:46 AM

Hi Everyone,

I hope you don't mind me dragging this up again but I'm quite new to this forum and I've been reading through some old posts. What does everyone actually think of the Nancy and Olivers who won I'd Do Anything?

I was really happy that Jodie won, especially as it was going to be her or Jessie. I've got nothing against Irish people but I just couldn't stand her accent and cringed every time she spoke. She could do a reasonable Cockney accent, but always seemed to get so worked up about it while she was doing it that it affected her performance.

I was pleased that Laurence was chosen as one of the Olivers. He has a lovely voice and worked very well with Jodie when they did their duet. I wasn't so sure about the other two.

I don't really mind Harry winning, although I thought there were better Olivers in the contest. I don't think Gwion deserved to win at all. He got really giggly and silly during most of the boys tasks, especially the stage fighting task and often slipped out of character because of it. He can't be doing that when he has to stage fight during a performance. He has quite a weak voice in comparison with some of the other boys and his diction in some of their performances was terrible. Did you hear him during Tomorrow and Hard Knock Life- they're on YouTube if you don't believe me.

My other two Olivers, except for Laurence, were Alexander and Johnny, especially Johnny. Among the older boys in the group, they were very disciplined in all of the tasks and are both strong singers, dancers and actors. When they had to do act out a scene with 'Dodger' and in the last task when they sang Where is Love, Johnny gave the most wonderful performances.

I want to go to London to see Oliver but only on one of the nights that Laurence is perforimng. I'm not sure whether it will be announced in advance who's doing what show but if I can't choose when I buy my ticket and it's not Laurence, I think I'll walk straight out. If it's Gwion, I definitely will.

Alex
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement