Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: Thanks
    • Eliza (no login)
      Posted Jul 14, 2008 6:18 PM

Cindy, I completely agree with everything you said (and, I suspect, didn't say ).

The one thing that struck me as I watched those videos was how unilaterally talented these girls were, and how amazing it seemed that the Dutch production could maintain such a high level of excellence while casting so many more girls, and from--I assume--a much smaller pool. It makes the quality of the most recent American tour all the more inexcusable to me.

I am also definitely a fan of having a greater diversity of size and maturity among the orphans and using a slightly older-looking Annie. These casts are more reminiscent of the OBC than of the later American productions. I love the images of the original Goodspeed and Broadway casts, where the older orphans actually look like real girls of 12-14. It is odd to me that, as girls are hitting puberty at increasingly younger ages--and thus, generally, looking older--the orphans just keep getting tinier!
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement