Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • to RLS
    • Julie Stevens (no login)
      Posted Jul 31, 2008 10:31 PM

When I moved to LA about 11 years ago, it was because I was burnt out in NYC and wanted a change. I love television (the scripted kind, not the reality TV) and had my heart set on landing a role in a sitcom. In the meantime, I bought a house (something I never could have done in Manhattan), made and marketed a product, made a documentary, and have some terrific friends. Not to mention the fact that my brother lives 10 blocks away from me.

Of course I would love to do theatre in New York but I can no longer afford to live there and I would not be able to earn a living as a Studio Teacher there, since the job only exists in the state of California. I would be miserable and poor (something much easier to deal with in your 20's), unless I was fortunate enough to land a job in a musical - and we all know those odds.

So I'm perfectly happy where I am and if I'm meant to do theatre in New York, I'm sure the opportunity will come along. Thanks for your vote of confidence, though.

Julie
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement