Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • from Stefanie Ann Levy to Katarina
    • Julie Stevens (no login)
      Posted Aug 22, 2008 10:54 AM

Katarina:

I sent your post to my friend, Stefanie, who I know went through something similar with one of her sons. Here is her reply to you.

Julie

I so identify with what you're going through. I went through it with my youngest
      son who is now 3 and eats great and poops great, just to let you know! Going
      through what you're going through is awful. I remember being out of my mind
      because I didn't know what to do for this child. And the Doctors didn't seem
      to have many answers either. I would recommend seeing a child
      gastroenterologist if you can. Sammy ended up being on a special formula too
      (I forget the name but it was very expensive) and there were many nights
      when I gave him a baby enema to help him poop. He used to writhe in pain.
      What helped him a lot was being treated for acid reflux (even though he didn't
      spit up a lot-that was a part of what was going on for him because as soon
      as he started the medication he got better). Unfortunately it was a good 10
      months to a year before it all went away completely-but it did get
      remarkably better once he started the acid reflux meds. Hopefully you will
      be able to give him your breast milk again. I was not able to-he was
      bleeding from mine (in his poop)-and I couldn't cut everything out of my
      diet-I had already cut out a lot. But every kid is different. I think he had
      a number of allergies and the acid reflux etc...I promise you that it will
      get better in time. I would ask your Dr. about acid reflux though and maybe
      see a child gastroenterologist. I'm sorry for what you're going through. It
      will get better!!! My boy is now 3 and wild and healthy and athletic and
      smart and loves to eat and toilet trained too! Many blessings to you.

Best, Stefanie Ann Levy (2nd National Tour)
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement