Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Looking Back
    • Suzy (no login)
      Posted Aug 28, 2008 2:04 PM

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there are any other people here that had auditioned for the original movie? I made the finals for the role of Annie just up until they all went to Los Angeles for the Annie Academy.

I just responded to one of the notes here about how Annie changed your life, and it brought up so many incredible and not so incredible memories. Sometimes I think it would be great to talk to other people about their experiences. To be honest, I still wonder "what-if" and how it was "almost" but so far. I've been blessed to play many roles in the show since then, including Annie, Pepper, the Star-to-Be and Miss Hannigan. I also directed and produced Annie, Jr. just after my move from NYC due to my own 9/11 post traumatic stress.

There are so many things I would love to hear about and talk about to other Annie people. And as I read this site, I find it wonderful and amazing... I sort of feel like one of those life after annie stories, but mine was more on the let down side of the movie auditions, and parents who refused to let me go on the national tour.

Anyhow - now I am in college. I chased my career forever and now am in school. Sometimes it is hard to keep that positive outlook, and I do wonder if dreams do come true, or ... if because I was rejected then, that it was a hint that I wouldn't make it - ever. I am just wondering if anyone else has felt that way?

(ok, too honest for my own good here - but - eh, I'll post it ...none of my other friends understand. So it would be great to make some new friends who just might!)

Hugs to all -
      Suzanne
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement