Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Thanks
    • To Frustrated (no login)
      Posted Sep 7, 2008 3:49 AM

Thanks for starting this thread. It's always good to know other people are in the same boat.....you know....."misery likes company".....nothing like feeling like the lone wolf, only to find out that your situation is anything but atypical.

DD feels a lot better about the show auditions. Unfortunately, it was her last chance in high school, as she's a senior. Her attitude was so low and her spirit so challenged, that I was very concerned about college auditions, but I think she's just learning a hard lesson. She got a ton of compliments from her peers, and I told her I thought that was the greatest tribute...to have your peers appreciate you, especially on the high school level. Dd's biggest frustration is wanting it so badly and having roles go to kids who take in with a grain of salt....you know....."it's no big deal".....and then go onto other things in life when DD's life has been dedicated to lessons and sacrifices for her craft. I know you know what I mean!

Best wishes to your dd. Someday all these kids are gonna come back to their high schools as successes.

Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement