Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • An aside from me....
    • Dina (no login)
      Posted Sep 7, 2008 7:03 PM

I totally agree with you. And I would like to add, having been in in all of my high school plays and seeing all the auditions and who got the bigger roles every year, there were kids in my high school- at least two girls that I can remember--who SHOULD have been in professional theatre and honestly COULD have made it big with their stupendous, perfectly pitched, beautiful voices. So what I am saying is that just because someone is a lead in a high school production and NOT professional per se, it is no reflection of being less talented. I have read this thread and have gotten the impression that some people think that just because someone--specifically an average, nonprofessional school kid-- is a lead or has a good role in a high school musical, they automatically don't have the level of talent as a "professional".

So as much as I emphathize with the moms whose professional dd's don't get the lead roles, maybe legitimately there is another candidate from the school who blows the director away. Not to diminish dds accomplishments or their amazing talents, it's just that there just may be a nonprofessional person who knocks people's socks off. Or..they might just suit that role more. I only say this because I know that such high levels of talent amongst nonprofessional teenagers absolutely exists.

Just my two cents. I hope this post did not come off as sounding unsupportive, because I certainly did not intend for it to come out sounding that way.

Dina
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement