Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • To KM (about GYPSY!!!)
    • -Grief- (Login -Grief-)
      Posted Sep 8, 2008 10:15 PM

KM --

I just got the new CD of Gypsy that Emma is in. It is fantastic! I absolutely love the bonus tracks, particularly "Mama's Talkin' Soft." Of course, I had heard the duet version I emailed you a while ago, but never the full quartet. The harmony is fantastic, and it gives the little girls (especially Baby Louise) so much more prominence in the show! I wish they could add that back into the production today. I also thought it was neat that the girls sing harmony in 3rds (which sounds amazing, by the way - go Emma on the harmony!), sort of foreshadowing the same kind of harmony we hear later in "If Momma Was Married" with the older girls.

Anyway, great recording all in all. If anyone is looking for a Gypsy recording, this is really the one to get! I decided to order from Barnes and Noble, because they are offering a bonus CD with even more extra tracks (Entr'acte, some dialogue, some underscoring...).
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement