Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • "Annie" Eisenhower Theater Kennedy Center Tribute
    • Commissioner Doyle (no login)
      Posted Sep 19, 2008 2:56 PM

Knowing folks here like keeping up on everything Annie, I thought I'd make note of this:

The Kennedy Center has not forgotten Annie. Most will recall that Kennedy Center's Eisenhower Theater hosted Annie in its original trip toward Broadway. It seems to have been the first major musical actually invested in by the Kennedy Center (so I was told). This past Monday, September 15, 2008 the Kennedy Center hosted a 35th Anniversary Celebration of the newly-renovted Eisenhower Theater with a special private -- very VIP -- event that featured such artists as Julie Kent, Jane Alexander, Christine Ebersole, the 2006 Mame Tour cast, the National Symphony and Dorothy Hamill (each celebrating early Eisenhower Theater events). In attendance? Major network TV anchors, Senators, Congresspersons, Supreme Court Justices and other Washington notables.

Positioned in the President's box and opening the show in tribute to Annie was Corrieanne (now 12) in full Annie dress singing "Tomorrow" with the NSO in a performance that was very well received. A video was not made, but as you may see from the 16th month old camp video of Corrieanne, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWtRgeLdOPw
      she has a strong voice. She is at present in the original Broadway cast for the soon-to-open Billy Elliot. Annie is still considered a landmark event in the coming of age of the Eisenhower Theater.
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement