Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: my thoughts
    • Musical Theater Fan (no login)
      Posted Nov 22, 2008 11:24 AM

I agree with Grief and Julie. I also think that the audience accepts these performances from children and aren't as concerned about the vocals that I would be. I still believe that muscials should have great singing and acting and dancing. I don't want to see kids perform that aren't the best and recently in many shows that I have seen and yes some include B'Way Shows, tours, etc. I have noticed without saying names that loud is more important than the actual hitting of notes. Children don't seem to have to perform at the same standard as adults. However, it seems the audience is okay with this, they like kids being kids on stage. However, I want to see really talented children in roles. I don't like squeaky, loud or nasal voices just because they are a certain height or fit the costume. I believe there are many talented kids. I wish them the best at getting parts. I want feel like the price I pay for a ticket is worth it. With that said, I have not seen 13 (this cast looks like is loaded with talent), Shrek or Billy E.. If they are still on Broadway we hope to see them in 2009. And I haven't seen the new cast of Annie and have no reason to not believe that they are a talented group of girls. My opinion is made without names or mention of shows and it is what I believe has happens to shows with kids in the last few years and yes this would include Disney and Kid Movies. The expectations of the general public seem less to me. It is more about being a celebrity then having real talent. When you get that talent - it is fun to be amazed. It is about making money first and the quality of the work second. It seems to me that many don't believe they go together!
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement