Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Joanna sharing the role
    • Rachel (no login)
      Posted Nov 28, 2008 11:57 AM

I'm not even sure if I believe that about them offering to split the role between the two of them. I know it was on "Turning Point" but I just am not sure if I believe that's the truth.

With regards to how the show would do if they shared it, I'm not sure how much better it would have done. Plenty of people have been fired during out-of-town try outs for shows but what "Turning Point" managed to do was build up a lot of buzz for "Annie" returning to Broadway. Without that special, I think they could have fired Joanna fairly quietly and the Pacittis wouldn't have had much of a legal leg to stand on either. But with all of that publicity, people fell in love with Joanna before the show even opened. I think it still would have left a bitter taste in people's mouths that she had been relegated to sharing the role and not getting opening night. It's also important to note that the scandal and Brittny's performance as Annie were not the only things wrong with the revival. The producers took many missteps which compromised the quality of the show.

Rachel
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement