Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • I went
    • Rachel (no login)
      Posted Dec 3, 2008 12:02 PM

I baaaaaaarely managed to duck out of work in time and arrived fashionably late but they also started a little late so it was OK. I am not sure there is any way to hear Seth's radio show unless you subscribe to Sirius except that I live in Queens and we get Sirius on our TV (no picture, just the radio shows) as part of dish TV.

According to the Sirius website, last week's show (Rebecca Luker and the cast of "Altar Boyz") is being played on Sirius this Friday at 7 and then rerun Sunday at 11pm, Tuesday at 7am and Wednesday at noon. Don't know if that's a regular schedule or not.

Charles Strouse and Andrea talked about how Andrea got cast and about Strouse's Broadway musical "Rags," which has a beautiful score but only ran on Broadway for 3 performances. Freddy Gershon (I apparently didn't read the press release completely because I thought GINA Gershon was going to be there! LOL) presented Strouse with a book of thousands of letters written by people all over the world who have been touched one way or another by "Annie." He also mentioned that something like there are 11,500 performances of "Annie" in the US every year as a result of tours, community theatres, "Annie Jr.," etc. He has only ran into one person in his life who ever refused to allow his students to perform "Annie" after asking for the rights. Andrea sang "NYC" and closed with "Tomorrow" and then there was an autograph/photo session.

guyinnyc, if you are ever at an Andrea event, email me (I posted my email link above) to see if I'm going too and if I'm there, I'll give you a personal intro if you'd like.

Rachel
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement