Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Miami Sat. Matinee Review
    • Debbie (no login)
      Posted Dec 7, 2008 3:57 PM

I went to see the show with my husband on Saturday. I have seen both Marissa and Amanda in the past few years. Given that, here is what I thought of the show!

I loved Ivy as Pepper. She had a ton of spunk and her, Madison and Mackenzie were great in You're Never Fully Dressed. I would like to see Madison be given the chance to play Annie. I can see how she has the potential to be great in that role. The thing about these kids above, especially Ivy, is she seemed to be having such a GREAT time on stage and her spunk in Fully Dressed was noticeable. I HATE how they have July say that line in Fully Dressed. It is horrible. I just don't understand why and what the purpose of that direction is.

The rest: I had knocked Miss Hannigan last year, but this time around, I thought she was FABULOUS! Her voice was top notch. Also another standout was A Star to Be! My other likes: Bert Healy and FDR.

On another note: They seemed to change a lot of the kids dialogue and who did what. Madison opened Fully Dressed and did a great job as Kate.

Overall: I thought the show needed more of an upbeat tempo. It did seem tired. This surprised me since it is such a new show. I think this is because there wasn't a lot of spunk. A lot of times I noticed Annie seemed more interested in the gal who was doing sign language for the audience. My advice would be to make sure the kids are having fun. One thing I like about Amanda last year, is she was an amazing actress and always stayed in character. Pretty much the same with Marissa who I thought was very good in the role. Tianna's voice has great potential. Could be a lot like Allison Smith's as the show progresses. However, the way she pronounced certain words and phrases seemed a little different and her voice seemed strained when reaching high notes occassionaly. In I think I'm gonna like it here, where she was suppose to go high, she would go low. This surprised me because her voice is very clear and strong (especially strong at the end of tomorroww) just not consistent. I think given time, the vocals will be GREAT!

All the sets were used as the theatre in Miami is beautiful! I would have been very disappointed to pay full price if the sets weren't used. Luckily that wasn't the case here.

Also, Warbucks' voice was great and Grace was very good in the role as well:)
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement