Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • YES!
    • Meghan (no login)
      Posted Dec 7, 2008 6:46 PM

I always feel that way, when kids my age are like, "oh, im getting an agent", or "I'm trying out for the disney channel" or, "I wanna be on Broadway", and I'm just like NO. you arent. You have zero training, and you dont know a thing about this bussiness. start taking dance class, voice lessons, acting classes, take the time and effort required to be a good performer. You can't just decide to do this on a whim and expect to be good at it. People will say "Oh, you just think your better than me because you've had so much training and have been doing this for so long". And inside i am just thinking, "Yes! I do think that! And i AM better than you because of the training and time I have spent doing this." You wouldnt tryout for major league baseball if you've never hit a ball in your life, and (IMHO) you shouldnt audition for professional theater if you've never learned how to perform.

I am sure this sounds catty and pretentious, but thats how i feel. honestly.

oh, and the billy elliot boys are incredible. i wanna be best freinds with all of them just in case some of that skill will rub off on me.
      (i almost said "date" all of them, but then i thought that would be kinda creepy, even though they're only like 3 years younger then me)
      lol.

Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement