Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • My review of the current tour--seen today.
    • K.S. (no login)
      Posted Dec 13, 2008 8:30 PM

I was able to see the current tour this afternoon. It was very interesting.

I have been in a local production as a child and have seen several other local productions, including the one Joanna was in back in the late 90's. So essentially this is comparing those performances with the two movies and pieces and clips I've seen of the Broadway versions over the years.

Little Tianna is adorable. She definitely has a very, very powerful voice, but there is something odd about it at the same time. Meaning, it's almost as if she cuts off words/notes a little too early and if she's holding back from doing a true belt. She definitely had the capacity to belt and do an awesome job of it, but it's hard to say exactly what it is. Also, I found the way she acted and pronounced some words to be a little odd as well. It seemed very....garbly?? Like, Shirley Temple like?? Not sure if that's what she had been directed to do or not.

The gal who played Ms. Hannigan was awesome. She really fit into that role well and has a superb voice herself.

The little gal who played Molly was absolutely adorable! I wanted to put her in my purse and take her home with me. From what I've read, she's older than she looks, so I think that plays a role in how you view her. You're almost thinking, "WOW! She's really great with her steps/routine/dialogue/timing for such a young gal." You do catch yourself watching her more in the orphan scenes.

I noticed lots of attempts in the entire show where it there were quips and jokes added in for humor, and loved it. It fit really well.

The sets were amazing and should definitely be commended. Especially considering that it's taken down weekly, if not more often, and put back up again.

The other characters were, for the most part, unremarkable. They all seemed to have their moments, but not enough for me to write home about.

Overall, it was a great show and definitely worth the money to go. I think I would rather see more of a development of Grace's character as well as her bond with both Annie and Warbucks. I didn't really feel either today. Lily and Rooster, I would say the same. I just didn't get the full-on criminal and ditzy gal vibe 100% of the time.

Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement