Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • wow...
    • Suzanne (no login)
      Posted Jan 13, 2009 4:00 PM

Wow. I am floored at the cruel words about this little girl. She is absolutely darling, and if you want to talk "character" - Annie is one of those kids that was a survivor - there's no reason she has to be a waif child.

I hope the adults keep Madison away from the negativity. I can relate, because in my Annie years, I was told "They will never pick a fat, ugly Annie" (for the original movie, I posted the pics... I don't think I was either back then), but I grew up to be quite overweight, and it is all in part because of my self-esteem. I allowed the hurtful words from my dad to haunt me all the way into the audition, and into adulthood. I didn't know any better. I had made it all that way for the film, and cut myself when I told Garrison that I was afraid that I made an ugly and fat Annie. sigh the memories of this still get to me...weird huh?

Anyhow, I won't go on about this, it's a bit too close to home for me. I just hope that anyone who knows and loves Madison will give her all the support and tools to deal with this business (good and bad), the best that can be. I agree that she has to be strong and thick skinned...but goodness, sometimes things just get pushed a bit over the edge. I really feel for her. I can't wait to see her in Oregon.

Suzanne
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement