Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • wow...
    • Suzanne (no login)
      Posted Jan 13, 2009 4:00 PM

Wow. I am floored at the cruel words about this little girl. She is absolutely darling, and if you want to talk "character" - Annie is one of those kids that was a survivor - there's no reason she has to be a waif child.

I hope the adults keep Madison away from the negativity. I can relate, because in my Annie years, I was told "They will never pick a fat, ugly Annie" (for the original movie, I posted the pics... I don't think I was either back then), but I grew up to be quite overweight, and it is all in part because of my self-esteem. I allowed the hurtful words from my dad to haunt me all the way into the audition, and into adulthood. I didn't know any better. I had made it all that way for the film, and cut myself when I told Garrison that I was afraid that I made an ugly and fat Annie. sigh the memories of this still get to me...weird huh?

Anyhow, I won't go on about this, it's a bit too close to home for me. I just hope that anyone who knows and loves Madison will give her all the support and tools to deal with this business (good and bad), the best that can be. I agree that she has to be strong and thick skinned...but goodness, sometimes things just get pushed a bit over the edge. I really feel for her. I can't wait to see her in Oregon.

Suzanne
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement