Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Anchorage Production Costume Issue
    • Ginny (no login)
      Posted Mar 23, 2009 2:31 PM

Dear Madison,

My almost 11 year old granddaughter Brenna and I saw you last night in the Anchorage production of "Annie," and we loved you and your voice and we were impressed by your acting. You are wonderful. Thank you and Good luck.

The rest of this message is for those in charge of the decisions about your wig and red dress in the last scenes after you have been "spruced up." I think that the hair in your wig is too short and too tightly curled. I'm sure that you are growing, but your dress is too tight and--aweful, frankly.

The wig and dress in which you are photographed in this website, the one that shows you off to be the understudy for "Annie," has more style and looseness, and the curls in the wig are longer and softer. You look wonderful in that photo, and the dress is true to the classic portrayal.

You are a lovely young girl, and it sadened me to see you dressed by the adults around you in a goofy and unflattering way. Your crowning glory scene should have you dressed as a classy little girl with her soft red curls and pretty red dress. You should not be in a stupidly tightly curled wig and unflattering dress. GOOFY is not for our ANNIE! See if someone will listen to you on this. Good luck. Ginny and Brenna
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement