Return to Index  

Answers...

March 13 2001 at 11:52 AM
Doug  (no login)

Response to 4th Floor?

1. Fourth Floor Records is the label "Sunday Shoutin'" originally came out on. It is distributed by Northcott, which also distributes Suburban, Yoruba, SFP, and Soulfuric. It is partially owned by Tommy Musto.

2. My favorite 95 North track...a toss up between "Who's Hoo?" on Henry Street and "Elevation" on Large. "Who's Hoo?" because people flipped out when I first played it. "Elevation" because it was so different and, IMO, ahead of its time. In general, I personally prefer the material that we've done for Large Records.

3. Richard and I know Crystal Waters very well. We spent a lot of time with her in 1996 writing songs for her ill-fated third album (including that disaster known as "Just A Freak" featuring Dennis Rodman...too long a story to be told here). She's a nice person and an excellent writer. She lives right in Silver Spring, MD, just off of New Hampshire Avenue in a well to do neighborhood. You can fully credit the Basement Boys and Mercury Records with launching her career.

4. I have no idea who Crystal is referring to in "Gypsy Woman". Could be the person you're talking about. I dunno.

Peace,

Doug

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on House, Dance and Rave MusicCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement