Return to Index  

Sure, his music

March 15 2001 at 5:00 PM
C hristian  (no login)

Response to I understand...

is of course, the big draw. And sometimes, you knooooow , you just knoooow how someone would be as a DJ based on his musical taste, based on what he puts out. But I know my woman's intuition aien't perfect.

BUT, I heard a mix of his online today. So I can now back my hunch up with some degree of certainty. Plus, anyone who has the balls to put out a cut like America Eats its Young, along with those two other total jazz cuts on the same ep...well well.....this guy has VISION! He's gonna make an IMPACT! HE already has with me. After getting AEIY, I just scoured for all the NH lps I could pick up. And I was not disappointed. And I NEVER buy without listening 1st. But with him I did. I knew I could. you HAVE to respect messages like this that are at once so clever and don't mince words.

So if I hear that he is in town, and I'm trying to plan a District soul party, and I have the money, (maybe) and I don't any other DJs showing any interest in playing at my place in the first place, I'm going to look into him. You can believe it. I don't know how BIG his name or reputation is. Believe me I don't. I just know that I'd love to host him if the opportunity allows. I like his sound. I like what I believe he is trying to stand for. What his message is as put out in his records.

So, like I said, if I know he is going to be in the area.
I'm not looking to hype this thing at all. Just a semiprivate house party for the board.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on House, Dance and Rave MusicCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement