Return to Index  

I actually

April 26 2001 at 10:30 AM
Ramon  (no login)

Response to if you are talkin about Buzz

got a response from Buzz on that same topic. Like you I've sent them several different emails about the same topic. They came back saying that they were a Trance/DnB(Jungle)/and Progressive House club and weren't really intent on booking house dj's. The funny thing is, that they totally expected the Erick Morillo/Little Louis Vega night to be a bust. I think they just don't respect our type of house and think that it doesn't appeal to the masses.
Which is funny to me, because how much does 2-Step appeal to the masses here in the states? It might be big in the UK, but here it seems like Buzz is making a concerted effort to force it down peoples throat and make sure they like it. To me, Buzz is the Mtv of clubland. It used to reflect what was happening under the mainstream radar, now it tries to dictate whats popular. Just my 2 cents.
Ramon

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on House, Dance and Rave MusicCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement