<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Where should I live after my bike trip?

December 29 2016 at 1:01 PM
No score for this post

Colorado Guy! :)  (Login stevegarufi)
+ Accepted Members +
from IP address 73.95.133.119

Here's the thing: I'm moving out of my apartment in early February and will put everything in storage. Then I'll bike across America. (There's no point paying rent on a place that I won't live in for 2 months.)

When I return, I'll be looking for a job full-time. And the question is...

Where should I live?

Buena Vista or Salida again?
Colorado Springs?
Pueblo?

I'm thinking I have a good chance to get a job with my previous employer that's based in Pueblo. If I took a job there, I could commute from Beulah, Westcliffe or Canon City. Hmmm.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Glenda
(Login leynasmom99)
Moderators :)

Any of those towns would be nice

No score for this post
January 2 2017, 8:51 AM 

but do you want the same kind of job that you had before? Wasn't it really stressful? I know that I'm burning out in my own job...been doing it for 26 years.

Colorado Guy! :)
(Login stevegarufi)
+ Accepted Members +

Same field, different job...

No score for this post
January 2 2017, 8:56 AM 

But yeah, it'd probably be another stressful job. They all are.

Ruthie
(Login Lavlatte712)

Hmmmm...

No score for this post
January 2 2017, 11:05 PM 

What is your heart telling you? Which place would you regret not trying?

Colorado Guy! :)
(Login stevegarufi)
+ Accepted Members +

Very good questions...

No score for this post
January 3 2017, 8:48 AM 

I'm pretty sure I can get a job in Pueblo with my previous employer. (They have SO MANY jobs available for licensed therapists.) And if I work in Pueblo, it's very reasonable that I could live in the Colorado Springs area, Buena Vista/Salida, or maybe a town west of Pueblo like Canon City, Beulah, or Westcliffe.

Honestly, I don't know what my heart is telling me. The one important thing is that I live in a prettier and more scenic region where I can resume my hiking and photography more often. Other than that, it doesn't matter much where I live. It would be so amazing to have a significant other where maybe we could live where SHE really wanted to live, but alas, that's not in the cards.

Places I might regret not trying: Buena Vista was that town until I moved there in 2005. At this point, there are none on the list.

DaveOzz
(Login DaveOzz)

BV, the most beautiful

No score for this post
January 15 2017, 12:34 AM 

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Personal Web PagesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Live Traffic Stats