<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Time to look for a job...

April 6 2017 at 1:06 PM
No score for this post

Colorado Guy! :)  (Login stevegarufi)
+ Accepted Members +
from IP address 99.176.24.249

I have plenty of time -- I'm not desperate -- but I do believe once I return to Colorado this weekend, that it's time to look for a full-time salaried job again.

The big question is: What kind of jobs should I apply for? The same ol' same ol' stuff that burns me out after 12-24 months? Something in the mental health field? Or an entirely different field? Ahhh.

All I will say is, I'm already praying. happy.gif

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Glenda
(Login leynasmom99)
Moderators :)

Praying for you also...

No score for this post
April 6 2017, 1:43 PM 

I would say look for something different, but just keep your options open. Maybe you could teach!

Colorado Guy! :)
(Login stevegarufi)
+ Accepted Members +

No teaching. I'd end up punching a kid out...

No score for this post
April 6 2017, 2:43 PM 

... some bad or unruly kid.

Thanks for the prayers. We'll see what happens. happy.gif

Ruthie
(Login Lavlatte712)

This burnout cycle is not good for you!

No score for this post
April 7 2017, 11:52 PM 

There has to be some kind of happy medium where you are doing a bit of investing in people, but not running yourself into the ground with tedious mind-numbing tasks that wear you down emotionally. You need to be energized, one some level, and the jobs you end up taking drain you rather than feed into you. You are never going to the 40 hr. workweek, hamster wheel, nose to the grindstone - type of person. Some people can gut that out and make it work, but it just isn't you long term. You need a job with some latitude and leniency, in some way. I don't know what exactly that will be for you.

Ideas:
1. Plant nursery - some kind of outdoor type of thing.
2. Park ranger
3. Park and rec position
4. Personal assistant
5. Small store clerk
6. Tour guide
7. Marketing for a rehab facility

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Personal Web PagesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Live Traffic Stats