<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

I've been daydreaming FOR Steve....

April 13 2017 at 3:28 PM
No score for this post

Kansas Kelly  (Login KansasKelly)
from IP address 65.23.56.66

...trying to think of fun adventures for the future since he finished his bike trip.

Here are my ideas thus far:

Six months in Alaska, working as a counselor in a quirky town and doing a vlog about it.

Steve creates an awesome coffee table book of all the places in Colorado that he has visited, experienced, done stories on or about. Lots of fun pictures. Sell them to tourists.

Steve delves into the world of ASMR and makes eating videos on YouTube.

Steve buys a tee pee that he lives in and takes up a nomadic lifestyle. Sets up tee pee in walmart parking lots as needed. Makes money by painting portraits.

Steve takes a break from it all and becomes a coffee barista in Arkansas.

photo signature2_zpsmr4fwpwd.jpg

This message has been edited by KansasKelly from IP address 65.23.56.66 on Apr 13, 2017 3:29 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Colorado Guy! :)
(Login stevegarufi)
+ Accepted Members +

These are great ideas! :) ...

No score for this post
April 13 2017, 4:49 PM 

First of all, on a serious (and probably annoying) note, adjusting to normal life has been hard. I'm generally doing OK, so no major worries. However, I do kind of feel like the way missionaries sometimes do when they return home after a long outing on the field. Is it counter-culture shock? All I know is, I need time to decompress... to process everything that happened... the trip seemed to end abruptly and I still feel sad about it.

Now, about your ideas:

1) I like the Arkansas barista idea, but you know, I think I'd rather be a barista in northern Louisiana. Did you see when I was practicing my accent?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsZBoq3m7J4 happy.gif

2) ASMR? I had to research it. That sounds weird. :p

3) The tipi idea isn't too shabby. Awww, I miss my tipi!

[linked image]

4) Doing counseling in a quirky town in Alaska (or some other interesting place) is a GREAT idea. And yes, I could do a vlog, or write a second book. happy.gif

5) The coffee table book idea is blah. That's something Lars Leber would do -- and I support him with that. I'm just not that into it.

P.S. It's great to see you on the Friendship Board, Kelly!!! happy.gif

This message has been edited by stevegarufi from IP address 71.196.178.136 on Apr 13, 2017 4:51 PM

Ruthie
(Login Lavlatte712)

Actually....A note about "reverse culture-shock"

No score for this post
April 16 2017, 10:31 AM 

It is actually a phenomena called 'Re-Entry.' Missionaries, ex-pats, military, international business persons, etc... go through this all of the time. It really is an understudied, not understood reality of returning to one's "normal" life. When I was living in Colorado, I had a referral to do couple's counseling with a missionary couple returning from the field. Massive struggle with transition back to the states and huge marital impact. I ended up referring them to a private practice counselor in Denver who ONLY sees re-entry clients! That was his specialty - re-entry issues!

My sister returned to the states after living in China for 2 yrs. We took her shopping in Walmart like 2 days after she got back...HUGE MISTAKE! Major meltdown, crying tirade in the grocery section because of all of the overwhelming food choices. We literally had to walk her out of the store and just drive back to the house. It took months for her to really transition back.

Colorado Guy! :)
(Login stevegarufi)
+ Accepted Members +

Re-entry. Yes, yes, yes...

No score for this post
April 16 2017, 10:48 AM 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I didn't know you had a sister and that she did missions work in China. Wow! happy.gif

Ruthie
(Login Lavlatte712)

OMG, Kelly! These are so, so good!!

No score for this post
April 16 2017, 10:25 AM 

Soooo much better than my ideas!! These ideas are so totally Steve. I love the first one. I can see all of these being a potential fit - albeit it for only a time. Because as we all know, Steve needs a constant refresh of new adventures!

Glenda
(Login leynasmom99)
Moderators :)

LOVE the tipi idea!

No score for this post
April 17 2017, 9:20 AM 

Or even Alaska...but how about some place warmer? Maybe South America! They have mountains, right?

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Personal Web PagesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Live Traffic Stats