<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Latter of half of September -- I'll be getting serious about buying something...

August 9 2017 at 5:23 PM
No score for this post

Colorado Guy! :)  (Login stevegarufi)
+ Accepted Members +
from IP address 50.250.131.179

Still leaning towards buying a town home / condo in either Westcliffe or Silver Cliff. It's not the ideal town (compared to Buena Vista), but homes are cheap and you do have mountain views and access.

I intend to keep my job in Greeley, and will likely commute on Sunday night to my job, work 3 12-hour shifts, and then head back on Wednesday morning. (I'll need to find a place to crash for two days in Greeley during those shifts.) That's the plan, at least.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Glenda
(Login leynasmom99)
Moderators :)

How exciting!

No score for this post
August 17 2017, 8:24 PM 

Can't wait to come visit you in your new home 😁

Colorado Guy! :)
(Login stevegarufi)
+ Accepted Members +

You and Sean will have a free place to stay. :) n/m

No score for this post
August 17 2017, 10:37 PM 

Arthur Manby
(Login ArthurManby)

tough commute

No score for this post
August 19 2017, 2:13 PM 

Curious if you have ever thought of working at the Colorado Mental Health Institute (State hospital) down here in Pueblo? 96 through Wetmore is only an hour or so.

(Login stevegarufi)
+ Accepted Members +

Ahhh the state hospital! ...

No score for this post
August 19 2017, 6:08 PM 

You know, I did think about it. You have me thinking about it -- I'll say that.

Right now I work three LONG days in Greeley and I like my job. Still thinking about driving up on Sunday night and leaving on Wednesday morning and living somewhere in Pueblo or Westcliffe.

Arthur Manby
(Login ArthurManby)

Re: Ahhh the state hospital! ...

No score for this post
August 19 2017, 6:36 PM 

Yeah, I live in Pueblo, commute to the Springs 3 and 4 a week - 45 minutes (not too shabby!). I had friends who did this from the Springs to Fort Collins, same type shift. Drove them nuts after about a year. Why I mentioned the State Hospital. Pueblo has come a long way in last 13 years, depending on the neighborhood of course. Still affordable as well. I have been monitoring your shenanigans since '05, living out of State. Found you on a Google search (probably) posting photos of Princeton and got homesick. Westcliff is an awesome choice as well.

This message has been edited by ArthurManby from IP address 192.199.1.48 on Aug 19, 2017 6:52 PM

(Login stevegarufi)
+ Accepted Members +

Oh believe me, I know Pueblo is a decent town...

No score for this post
August 19 2017, 8:13 PM 

Pueblo gets a bad rap, but really, it's a decent town. I realized that over a couple of years when I was living and working in Trinidad. I could easily see myself living in Pueblo, and yes, housing is much cheaper. happy.gif

We'll see what I do. I just might pull the trigger on a home in Westcliffe and just "go for it" with trying to work in Greeley 3 days a week. I'm at a point in my life where I'm willing to take more risks.

(Login stevegarufi)
+ Accepted Members +

By the way, how did you find this Friendship Board? :) ...

No score for this post
August 19 2017, 6:11 PM 

It's good to have you! happy.gif

Arthur Manby
(Login ArthurManby)

Thanks, good to be here.

No score for this post
August 19 2017, 7:08 PM 

So glad this board didn't perish. I really enjoy the website and the posts. Got me through a lot of sweltering days in VA before moving back into the thin(ner) air ('06).

This message has been edited by ArthurManby from IP address 192.199.1.48 on Aug 19, 2017 7:14 PM

(Login stevegarufi)
+ Accepted Members +

The Friendship Board has NOT perished! No sir ... :)

No score for this post
August 19 2017, 8:15 PM 

Most people are gone because of the antiquated forum system.

Also, I closed the forum from 2008 to 2015, and now that it's open again, it's hard to get people back. (Thus, I'm to blame for sure.)

Still, the Friendship Board is a fun and happy place for me -- a place to let loose a little. happy.gif

This message has been edited by stevegarufi from IP address 71.56.228.169 on Aug 19, 2017 8:34 PM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Personal Web PagesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Live Traffic Stats