Return to Index  

I took the med not them...

April 19 2001 at 2:11 PM
Martie  (no login)

Response to That's so sad, Martie

They were using Albuterol (which can make you hyper if thaken 8 times a day) if you take to much.

The problem with Primatene Mist is that it is sold over the counter (OTC)so people can get into trouble by following the old "If a little helps maybe a lot will be better.)

I'm not sure of all the details but I think Margo Hemingway, the late model (or was it her sister)dies of an overdose of this med. It wasn't that she was trying to kill herself but the med can set your heart racing and lead to death.

I never knew that I had asthma until I was in my mid-twenties. I started biking and running and afterwards would go into coughing fits. I didn't associate the coughing with asthma but my doctor did. Now a puff of my inhaler before a workout and I'm fine.

You should be grateful to be in such super shape, especially at your age.

Wait until you get a few more years on you and you might end up eating your words. (just kidding).

I think this has been my worse and best year. I found a few gray hairs, plus a line in the middle of my forehead. I have younger siblings who look older than me, but they were all sun worshippers. I personally could never see the value of applying grease all over my body, laying out in the sun to sweat to death and letting bugs crawl all over me.

But getting older has gotten me more interested in getting back into shape. Three kids and 40+ years can do some strange things to your body.

If I could only get back down to the weight that I have listed on my driver's license.

Martie

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on X-FilesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement