<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  

Romans 12:1-2

April 5 2005 at 6:38 AM
Boyd Allen  (no login)

"Therefore, I urge you brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship. 2. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will."

Any thoughts on this?
I used it in my article The Book of Romans. Thought you might want to add to that.

Boyd

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
WAB
(no login)

Re: Romans 12: 1,2

April 5 2005, 7:44 AM 

That is one of my favorite verses. I still like it best in the King James or New King James version. Not sure which version you used but it will do.
God bless and have a great day. Keep those thought juices flowing. WAB

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Do not be conformed...

April 5 2005, 8:16 AM 

Wonder if being not conformed to the world means divorcing ourselves from body shame and hysteria in seeing anyone naked, feelings that so much of the church population spouts about?

Ralph
The naked gardener
God's original intent

Respond to this message   
bornnude
(no login)

re: Romans 12:1-2

April 5 2005, 8:24 AM 

It seems that is from the NIV... Because it is fresh and, in the years of my KJV upbringing, I am "revolting", I looked it up in The Message.

http://tinyurl.com/4e2fc

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life--your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life--and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.

My thoughts...

The first sentence is key... If you are not living an "ordinary" life within God's power, you haven't released your life fully to God to become ordinary.

I also like the phrase above... "Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking."

Our culture has infused Christianity as much as Christianity as infused our culture, actually I believe more. We have the Conservative Christians who fight that but with "moral" rather than "Christ-centered" fights.

Respond to this message   
Boyd Allen
(no login)

Comforming to our own comfort

April 5 2005, 9:01 PM 

I like that thought too. We cannot get too comforatable with what is going on around us that we feel we are a part of it and lose site of the Kingdom we should be living in right now.

And we can also get caught up with our own "moral" fights, and if not careful, even us naturists can get caught up with naturism rather than Christ.

Why "Christian" comes before "Naturist", not "Naturists who happen to be Christians".

Christ fist and foremost.

Boyd

Respond to this message   
Jim
(no login)

Romans 12: 1-2

April 6 2005, 11:12 PM 

The only reason it is hard to "Walk the Talk" in our walk with the Lord is because we try to conform to the ways of this world. We find ourselves making compromises in an attempt to be accepted by this world. Once we no longer care about the ways of this world, we truly die to ourselves and we then become holy and acceptable temples of the Lord. This doesn't mean that we become insensitive and uncaring toward those of this world, we just don't compromise our beliefs to gain their acceptance.

Respond to this message   
Boyd Allen
(no login)

next step

April 20 2005, 2:49 PM 

And in our case, how do we do that?

Boyd

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Romans 12:1-2
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  
Find more forums on NaturismCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
"Live Nude and Prosper"