<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  

Trouble in River City

July 3 2006 at 9:15 PM
No score for this post
drhornist  (no login)

All,
I wanted to take a moment to let you know that I'll be more out that in this week on the forum. What is that saying about things happening in three's? Try five's and counting around here. Last week a good friend of the family that my folks have known for 55+ years, passed away and we went to the service on Friday. Thursday we got word that my mother's nephew was under hospice care in Chattanooga and early this morning we got the news that he passed away at 1 AM this morning. An indigent who had been coming to my folks' church which is my former church and the one I grew up in passed away last week from an epileptic seizure. As a former officer of the congregation and because of some business I was involved with at that time in purchasing and signing off on various things, I've been asked to help decide how we will be handling the services, burial, etc. A friend of mine and secretary to the same congregation lost her father to cancer last week. And the news that has come in today is that the ex-husband of a cousin (I'm quite close to her) who's daughter has only reconciled with him in the passed few years was critically shot in a bizzarre incident at work. He was shot in the neck but the bullet traveled downward and has injured the lung, a rib, the heart, and lodged next to the aorta. It's touch and go right now.

It's rather maddening around here right now with everything that is going on and not knowing who's doing what -- we're trying to convince my mother that if she wants to go to the funeral in Tennessee, one of us will go with her.

I'll check in, hopefully, later in the week after everything has calmed down.

BLESSINGS and a HAPPY FOURTH TO ALL as we remember the freedom we not only have in this country, but THE ULTIMATE FREEDOM in HIM!

PEACE!
Nancy

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Boyd Allen
(no login)

Be still

No score for this post
July 4 2006, 3:53 AM 

"Be still and know I am God,"
Be still and know God

Boyd

bornnude
(Login bornnude)

Sounds like

No score for this post
July 4 2006, 5:37 AM 

Sounds like we need to remember you in prayer this week!

Wally
(no login)

Re: Sounds like

No score for this post
July 4 2006, 6:32 AM 

I second that motion. You are most certainly in my prayers at this stressful time. May the Lord Jesus Christ give you that calm that only he can give through the working of the Holy Spirit.

jochanaan
(no login)

Amen

No score for this post
July 5 2006, 10:59 PM 

Amen! May the Lord bless our brother drhornist during this incredibly stressful time, and may He give His peace to all concerned. Amen.

jochanaan
(no login)

Oops! Sorry, sister Nancy!

No score for this post
July 5 2006, 11:14 PM 

I forgot you were a sister, not a brother. Anyway, may the LORD be with you through this time and always.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  
Find more forums on NaturismCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
"Live Nude and Prosper"