<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  

Would you live in a nudist resort?

July 11 2006 at 10:09 PM
No score for this post
Jon-Marc  (no login)

As a full time resident of a nudist resort in Florida, I live nude most of the time and only wear clothes when i have to leave the resort about every four days. The only problem I have is I can't tell anyone in churches where I live if I want to attend that church. How many of you would live in a nudist resort if you could?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Boyd Allen
(no login)

Oooooh - oohh - ooooh

No score for this post
July 12 2006, 3:58 AM 

Pick me! Pick me!

Hey, since you live there full time (which resort if I may ask?), do you know Bill Martin? He is a Christian activist and resort owner of sorts.

He came to visit a few weeks ago and stayed over night. He was on a business trip and couldn't stay long.

Boyd

Jon-Marc
(no login)

Re: Oooooh - oohh - ooooh

No score for this post
July 12 2006, 5:43 AM 

I live in Gulf Coast Resort in Hudson, FL. Yes, I know Bill; he's part of the reason I left Michigan and moved down here, although I wanted to move here anyway. I bought the RV I live in from him. Actually, I took over his loan on it. I like the resort because of the lack of noisy children and teens. Even in the summer I rarely see any, and that suits me just fine. I lack the patience to want to put up with them, and I learned the hard way not to ask for patience. "Tribulation worketh patience."

Terry
(no login)

You Bet I Would

No score for this post
July 13 2006, 1:17 PM 

Hi Jon-Marc. Good to see you over here as well as Net Nude. I would love to live in a resort. The problem would be smaller living quarters because of land issues and the one we belong to can only have mobile homes (modular, RV's, trailer or whatever). Being able to leave the curtains open, hang the laundry on a clothesline or just step out without fearing "exposure," so to speak would be fantastic. I know some people who got tired of it full time for some reason or another, but I would also like the community atmosphere of the place. I would get to know my neighbors much better in a place like that. Plus, being able to walk and exercise on the open land would be like I had a 150 acre yard. Like you, I couldn't tell anyone outside like my employers where I lived, but who knows, if we had our own business, we could either work from home or have a small office outside and not worry about our address since we would own the business.

Terry

Jon-Marc
(no login)

Re: You Bet I Would

No score for this post
July 13 2006, 9:17 PM 

Some resorts have some very nice and large homes. Just adjacent to the resort here is a home division that has some very nice homes. They own their homes, property and roads. It's not part of the resort, but they have to come into the resort to get to their homes, and the home owners are members of the resort. There's at least one lot available there that I'm interested in, but right I can't afford it or the cost of having a home built. There is also a 6 acre lot available across the road from the resort that I would consider buying if I could. Then all I would ahve to do is walk across the road to the resort, or build my own mini-resort for my personal use. Of course, that's nothing but a dream since I'm barely surviving on a retirement pension, and an RV is all I can afford.

Dino
(no login)

How soon can I get there?

No score for this post
July 13 2006, 9:51 PM 

If only I could! Am semi-retired, meaning getting by on a similar small income. However, having been surrounded by kids of all ages all my life, I think it would be more natural to live in a resort that included some families. I have friends who live in one of those senior citizen gated (textile) communities, and they tell me they miss the sight and sound of youngsters. He is a former Methodist minister.

Jon-Marc
(no login)

Re: How soon can I get there?

No score for this post
July 14 2006, 4:15 AM 

Well, I DON'T miss the sound of youngsters. They get on my nerves with their infernal screaming. I've never been able to be around my own grandkids for more than a couple of hours before the noise drove me away. I have very sensitive ears. It's the only part of my body that still works well. That's why I like it here, because of the lack of kids. It's bad enough putting up with the complaints from the old folks.

James -aka car/buff
(no login)

Re: You Bet I Would

No score for this post
July 16 2006, 12:30 PM 

JonMarc its good to hear from you , hope all is well and maybe soon you can get a house to live in.

Hopeful
(no login)

Living in the resort

No score for this post
July 14 2006, 6:13 AM 

My wife and I live full-time in our fifth wheel trailer and spend our winter months at Natures Resort in Texas. At least four couples from Natures Resort attend the same United Methodist Church and the folks there all know where we live. We help with ushering, special music, coffee hour, etc and are always welcomed warmly. The pastor, however, does not make visits to our homes. That is ok, because he always makes a special point of greting each one of us after services. We spend our summers in the midwest and northeast and get to be nude some, but not as much as during the winters in Texas.

Hopeful

Boyd Allen
(no login)

Extra recognition

No score for this post
July 14 2006, 5:11 PM 

And we are very appreciative of the fact that you took Nancy in and helped her get her first real naturist outing a great start!

Boyd

Jon-Marc
(no login)

Re: Living in the resort

No score for this post
July 14 2006, 9:31 PM 

In my opinion there's no better place to live than in a nudist resort. I'm glad you found a church that is accepting of your way of living. I wish I could be open enought to find one like that, if there is one here. After one pastor preached about the "wicked nudist colonies", I got the message that I hadn't better mention that I live in a nudist resort.

Boyd Allen
(no login)

Inexperienced teachers

No score for this post
July 15 2006, 4:48 AM 

You wrote "After one pastor preached about the "wicked nudist colonies"..."

Why in the world would your pastor talk about that? What was his conclusions? What brought the subject up? Did he have biblical facts? Or was he speaking on assumptions and hearsay? What was his EXPERIENCE?

You may want to challenge his conclusions by asking him questions that will encourage him to help you understand his ideas.

First of all, he called them "colonies" not naturist resorts. That already puts him in the uninformed status right there. No research, no truth.

And maybe it's time he did know you live in one, and ask him just how "wicked" he thinks you are? After all, he does know you, right? And if he doesn't know you, maybe it's time he knew who he was preaching to and do a better job at research and conclusions.

He may find that your conclusions as someone who is experienced more factual than his inexperience.

It would be like a young pastor fresh out of college (or seminary or pastorial school) teaching the members on child rearing when they are not even married yet, let alone experienced with children! (I've seen it happen)

Boyd

Jon-Marc
(no login)

Re: Inexperienced teachers

No score for this post
July 15 2006, 7:44 AM 

Notice I said "one pastor" and not "my pastor". I was looking for a church after moving to Florida last year. It was the first church I visited. He wasn't specifically preaching on just nudist resorts, but was preaching about "all the wickedness in Pasco County" and proceeded to name the wicked places and included "all the nudist colonies". I almost corrected him and said they were called resorts, but I saw no need of it since I didn't figure it would do any good coming from someone they didn't know.

Terry
(no login)

Re: Inexperienced teachers

No score for this post
July 15 2006, 8:35 AM 

Aha, all the wicked places, huh? Looks as though he's really bugged by things that are out of his control and that are not affecting him directly. If he's including strip joints and prostitution, those might affect him through taxes and police resources, but for the most part no one is seeking him out to do these things. No one is going to his home and telling him to take drugs or hire a prostitute or attend a nudist "colony." Many people go out of their way to be offended and seek it out like a preacher several years ago who tried to block a road to Mazo beach. He and his "followers" yelled offensive things to beach goers as they passed. If he and just stayed home and not caused himself alot of trouble, he wouldn't have known about those nekkid people and it wouldn't have bothered him. Dear Abby always had a good phrase, "MYOB," mind your own business and even though I haven't followed it always, its worked well for me over the years. My Christianity will involve positive messages and showing by example the wonderful serenity I've found. Not shaking my finger at people and telling them they're always sinners. Pretty soon you begin to believe it.

Terry

Boyd Allen
(no login)

Not exactly so

No score for this post
July 15 2006, 1:58 PM 

I wouldn't say all that Terry. It's actually his business just as wickedness is everyones business.

Sexual attitudes in this country does affect everyone. It affects God's people and we need to be mindful of it. It is easy to fall victim to these "sinful" ways, and it is our business to point these things out. The society thinks that what they do doens't hurt anyone, but in reality, they are already hurt and society is going down with them.

Now to just preach about "These wicked places" without understanding just what is wicked about them, and use biblical principles to back them up, it would do no good except to confuse the listeners.

I saw a sign at a church today that says "God confuses the mind so we can be pricked in the heart". That is not true. God is not the author of confusion. He makes it plain. Now Jesus did say that he told the stories in parable form to confuse the sinners so they will not repent, but he was talking about the Pharasees and Saducees and those who KNEW who he was and rejected him. The true followers knew and understood because God opened their minds and Jesus spoke plainly to them.

I heard about a traveling evangelist who told of his traveling story by saying, "When I got on that plane, I looked out over the city I was leaving and I saw SIN everywhere! And when that plane took off and I looked out the window over this wide country, I saw SIN everywhere!! And (huff and puff) when I landed at the airport and I looked out over the place I saw SIN everywhere...." and he went on and on like this. Problem was, he didn't say what he saw that was so sinful!

Yes, what we do affects people and what gays and homosexuals and adulterers and fornicators and drunkards do affects people and all of our families.

On the same token, what we do as Christians living out our daily Christian lives affects people too.

Contrary to what some "rules" are, "What is said here, seen here, heard here and done here stays here when you leave here" may not be true after all.

Boyd

bornnude
(Login bornnude)

Thinking about this last night...

No score for this post
July 16 2006, 6:14 AM 

I don't know why but in the middle of the night I was thinking about some of these things.

Specifically, while growing up and in college, the Christians that I hung out with found drinking forbidden. One of the justifications for this was the leaders felt that wine in the Bible was just grape juice.

They had totally ignored the following things when interpreting the New Testament:

1) Christ would have then created Grape Juice for the party... The logic of this doesn't quite make sense when you look at the statement about saving the best wine for last (usually not done because people would not be able to tell as much while drunk).

2) The discourse about old and new wineskins.

The Christian community is so willing to whole up, building their fortresses they forget that we are to come to grace, then let the Holy Sprirt tell us what needs to be changed.

Look at what could have been done in Jon-Marc's case.... If the pastor was filled with an attitude of grace rather than fear, Jon-Marc may be attending there. Even if that were not the case, an outreach to the resorts could have been started, maybe bringing people to a knowledge and relationship with Christ.

I contend that if Christ were on this earth, he may not have been in a resort but I bet he would have hung out on the nude beaches ministering to people, even if he were clothed at the time.

jochanaan
(no login)

Exactly, Boyd!

No score for this post
July 16 2006, 10:47 AM 

If we're going to condemn sin--a necessary business, as you say--then we'd best be very clear on just what actions or attitudes we're condemning.

One could just as easily say, and with more truth, "I got on the plane and looked around, and I saw GOD'S GLORY all around me! In all the people on that plane, I saw GOD'S GLORY! The sky, the land, the city, everywhere was full of GOD'S GLORY! And as I got off, GOD'S GLORY was still around me! Praise His Name!" Of course, that begs the question, "What is God's Glory, and how can you see it?" Ah, to answer that takes much more than a lifetime.

"You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."

RalphVa
(no login)

Beer joints and nudist resorts

No score for this post
July 15 2006, 6:16 PM 

Gotta beware of those nudist resorts. He maybe even lumped in a few beer joints and restaurants that serve beer, too; I'll bet. It's the same traditionalist thinking/leaning that condemns both of these. Jesus, I'm sure, could be found, at times, in one of those beer joints or restaurants talking to folks he wished to persuade if he were still around today. Jesus wouldn't pass on the beer either, just as he didn't when eating and drinking with those "publicans and sinners". Aren't we representing him?

Ralph

jochanaan
(no login)

Re: Beer joints and nudist resorts

No score for this post
July 16 2006, 10:50 AM 

Ya s'pose he'd visit a few nudist resorts too? And take off his one-piece garment?

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Main Page  
Find more forums on NaturismCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
"Live Nude and Prosper"